different forces of TP20 modules- when to use which one?

Step by step CMM-Manager tutorials
bighern
Participant
Participant

different forces of TP20 modules- when to use which one?

Post by bighern » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:10 am

looking for info for when it is best to use something other than a standard force tp20 module.
i have a ph20 head, so i've learned the hard way that i can't use an extended force module.
just wondering if there are some guidelines out there for when to use which one. thanks.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: different forces of TP20 modules- when to use which one?

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:22 am

How can't you use Extended Force module with PH20? Is this recommendation from Renishaw? It's true that you can't simply swap from one module to another. Each Module must be calibrated and is not interchangeable after calibration. When you build probe in UCC Server you must specify which module is used - i.e. Extended, Standard, Light, Force, etc.

Typical rule of thumb - Light Force used for very small diameter and Extended Force for longer heavier styli. Refer to Renishaw catalog or website for exact reference on styli / module pairing.

jswope
Super User
Super User

Post by jswope » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:47 am

We use an Extended Force module with a PH20 with no problems. We use it on a probe that we have extended out to the max length of the probe assembly.

Ryan Christopher
Nikon
Nikon

Post by Ryan Christopher » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:44 pm

What frustrates me sometimes about Renisahaw is how information relating to their equipment is often very diffused...

Extended force modules are a no-no with PH20. I thought that at some point UCC Server even made it impossible to add it as a component with PH20.

Page 17 of the PH20 installation and user's guide:
New Bitmap Image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryan Tackes
Applications Manager, VMS Inc.
http://www.vantagemeasure.com/

jswope
Super User
Super User

Post by jswope » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:09 am

I was incorrect. We are using a Medium force module and not extended force. Sorry about the confusion.