Automation - Robot Compatability

Discuss hardware / software options here
AMarothy
Getting Started
Getting Started

Automation - Robot Compatability

Post by AMarothy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:25 pm

Is anyone out there using CMM Manager in conjunction with a robot, cobot, or other automation technique?

I am interested in what compatible systems are available to run programs and if anyone is using an incompatible system with a work around.

Ryan Christopher
Nikon
Nikon

Re: Automation - Robot Compatability

Post by Ryan Christopher » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:36 am

We have a customer using CMM Manager with the Nikon supplied Digital IO box in an automated cell right now using a robotic arm for loading/unloading.

The CMM Manager team was very helpful (as always) and Nate was on-site to make things go smoothly.

This system works great and from an end-users' perspective, the whole thing is very simple to work with after the initial setup.

I'm not sure what system would be incompatible, I would expect the I/O box would work in any scenario...whoever is supplying your cell controller can tell you what, if any limitations their controller has.
Ryan Tackes
Applications Manager, VMS Inc.
http://www.vantagemeasure.com/

AMarothy
Getting Started
Getting Started

Re: Automation - Robot Compatability

Post by AMarothy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Ryan Christopher wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:36 am
We have a customer using CMM Manager with the Nikon supplied Digital IO box in an automated cell right now using a robotic arm for loading/unloading.

The CMM Manager team was very helpful (as always) and Nate was on-site to make things go smoothly.

This system works great and from an end-users' perspective, the whole thing is very simple to work with after the initial setup.

I'm not sure what system would be incompatible, I would expect the I/O box would work in any scenario...whoever is supplying your cell controller can tell you what, if any limitations their controller has.
Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the information. I will communicate with the company to try and figure out what makes it incompatible.