Mirroring issues

Topics applicable to newer version(s) of CMM-Manager (3.0+)
smudge611
Regular User
Regular User

Mirroring issues

Post by smudge611 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:22 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuues0ppyth2c ... S.zip?dl=0
I submitted this to the help desk as well.
Below is a list of my issues, (also on a word document in the file)
Typical LH and RH mirror all LH coordinates are positive except Y
all RH coordinates are positive
After mirror, measure dialogue shows correct coordinates for fixture.
After mirror, report dialogue and RPS coordinates have different positive and negative values change compared to measure dialogue. WHY? I did modify values to match fixture.
For Cad alignments typically have to have the cursor at the top of program before mirror
For RPS (tooling ball alignments) typically have to have cursor at the end of the program before mirror. But this is not always the case, I have gotten some strange mirrors with tip angles that just won’t work
I have yet found no sure way to duplicate the mirror process the same way on every fixture. I am just trying to figure out the process, to make this easy for training other operators.
I know mirroring is cursor dependent
I know you really have to pay attention to how the fixtures sets on the table and the mirroring tip angles.
I don’t understand how a part that has been mirrored can run most of the program then have 1 or 2 features end up with negative numbers.
After running the program and the last 4 feature points are different, I opened the measure and report boxes in the program and ALL the values are different.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mirroring issues

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:30 am

I assume you are not using latest version of CMM-Manager. We made some improvements to Program Mirroring in version 3.7/3.8 and then again in 3.9 SP2 where the final improvements were made. As far as I know all Alignments and all work-planes are mirroring as expected now.

Please confirm the version of CMM-Manager you are using.

smudge611
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Mirroring issues

Post by smudge611 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.