re alignment

nek9
Participant
Participant

re alignment

Post by nek9 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:35 am

I have a question about going back in the program list and re setting up the origin. My question is if i go back to an old program and re align my origin after the original set up would the X and Y values move to the new origin? hope this question make sense

list.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: re alignment

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Not sure I do understand but I would search for "Align Part" here in Forum or Help FIles. This Align Part will allow user to re-align program to new location, then make edits to Program Operations as needed.

nek9
Participant
Participant

Post by nek9 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:57 am

ok, i think i understand

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:03 am

Check this short Tutorial video for Align Part - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uYai54Az-8

This is always a prerequisite for editing existing program. I think (based on your comments) you should do Align Part then go into Program and edit existing Alignment (Origin) Steps.

If you continue to struggle, maybe just email your Project file to Help Desk for analysis and suggestions.

nek9
Participant
Participant

Post by nek9 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:29 pm

OK thank you, i was just wanted to know in a scenario that i have to go back and Edith a programs alignment(origin) does the X and Y Nominal values change with the new origin? im new to the CMM-Manager and we only got a 30min training on how the most basic function (probe calibration, and how to go to DCC mode)

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:23 am

Once program is created you can edit Alignment steps. All operations after this edited Alignment(s) will have nominal values automatically updated according to the new Alignment. In the end the program steps below the Alignment are in the same absolute position, just with a new Nominal Value(s). If you need to shift the location of Program steps, I suggest you look at Transform. You can Transform Program steps by highlighting in Program list, Right Click, and choose Transform.