Post by smudge611 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:54 pm

Processor: Intel Core i7-8700k CPU 3.70GHz
Memory 16 GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
CMM Manager 3.9.2.7233
PH20 Probe Head
Okay,
I have been using Cmm Manager for a couple months now with varying results
I currently have mixed feeling on the PH20 because it has a mind of its own.
I use current tip and auto or local path most of the time because auto or ph20 won’t give a correct path,
or wants to go all the way to the head ceiling to change probe angle (even though it is turned off in preferences.)
Sometimes on circles, or slots it will not back out of the feature after measurement.
These issues have been brought to the help desk but I have yet to hear anything back, other than it will be sent to the designers.
Any suggestions?

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: PH20 Issues

Post by medupriest » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:07 pm

Some of these issues are just caused by PH20 misuse. It may not contain the answer, but I would start by looking through the best practices guide (attached)
ph20.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PH20 Issues

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:00 am

smudge611 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:54 pm
I use current tip and auto or local path most of the time because auto or ph20 won’t give a correct path,
or wants to go all the way to the head ceiling to change probe angle (even though it is turned off in preferences.)
Sometimes on circles, or slots it will not back out of the feature after measurement.
These issues have been brought to the help desk but I have yet to hear anything back, other than it will be sent to the designers.
Any suggestions?
Can you share your current Preferences for 'Path Creation' and 'PH20'? I suspect you are making more work for yourself by adjusting preferences in a way that you are 'trying' to take control of the Path Planning behavior. I say 'trying' because I see users fight the software instead of let it do the task for you.

My advice is this... For PH20 use Full Auto Path Planning option when creating your program. You will notice that unnecessary ceiling motion will be removed automatically once you continue adding feature measurements. Turn your Ceiling Retract options back on and increase the Move to Ceiling threshold angle to at least 30 degrees (maybe up to 45 depending on your parts.

Once you've programmed the entire part using Full Auto, then go back and edit out any remaining (unnecessary) Ceiling Moves. If you edit each feature as you program, you're only making this worse by 'locking' each consecutive feature.

Here are my Path Planning Preferences for you reference:
PH20_preferences.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.