Need help measuring multiple parts

Topics applicable to newer version(s) of CMM-Manager (3.0+)
emseedee
New User
New User

Need help measuring multiple parts

Post by emseedee » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:14 pm

I'd like to measure 2 of 2 different but similar parts on a fixture for a total of 4 parts in a run. Both parts have CAD models. Am I correct that two CAD models cannot imported separately and aligned to and used for measurement? (Or, once I import the second CAD model, the first is no longer available.) Basically, I'd be writing a program serially and programming the measurement of each location individually all in the same program (4x's longer than I'd prefer).

Ideally, I would like to import one model, measure first part, import the next model, measure that part, then batch run the program to duplicate the effort for four measured parts.

Or - I am definitely not seeing a way to have a main program call two programs. Call program 1, measure part one twice, call program 2, ,measure part 2 twice.

I have written measurement programs for each part and successfully batched measuring 4 of the same part but that's two mold shots of 8 parts not 1 mold shot of 4 parts.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks you,
Mark

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need help measuring multiple parts

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:41 pm

If you really want to combine measurements together from two part numbers I would look into Operation Planner. Operation Planner is included with CMM-Manager and normally used to break one program up into smaller operations (sub-programs) It could also be used in the way you describe, even by loading different CAD models for programming the unique aspects of each part.