CMM-Manager crash after change tool and component in UCC

ken60
Power User
Power User

CMM-Manager crash after change tool and component in UCC

Post by ken60 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:29 pm

A tool was name incorrectly to it physical component so I try to change it by removed that assembly in both tool and component menu then create new one with a correct name but when I change tool in the rack CMM M doesn’t recognize tools so I restart both CMM M and UCC, at this point CMM M will start but crash when try to read in last used tool. Anyone know how to fix this ? Thanks in advance

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CMM-Manager crash after change tool and component in UCC

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:06 am

What version of CMM-Manager and UCC Server. This depends a lot on whether Renishaw XPath is used to sync tools or not. If nothing else you should perform a manual I++ Sync after making these types of changes.

ken60
Power User
Power User

Post by ken60 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Thank you CrashN8, CMM M 3.7SP2 and UCC version UCCserver 53000R1.
Today I run CMM M 3.6 and it ran fine except it won't activate the Ref assy. (CMM M switch from other probe assy to Ref assy. without physical change Ref assy. in rack)...Also, when I mess around with probe assembly in UCC I accidental deleted Ref assy then build a new one

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:39 am

I would not expect Ref Tool to participate in Rack change. I need to double check this but I don't think you use Ref Tool at all in CMM-Manager. This tool is used exclusively in UCC Server for tip calibration purposes.

ken60
Power User
Power User

Post by ken60 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:06 pm

I agree, but that is how the cmm been set when I start for this company. Just for update, I got help from Mike Davis at Renishawn to solve the problem it is working now and this time I have ref tool for calibration only. 1 question, how do I correct the probe tip to machine volume in real time? do I change that in UCC server or in CMM manager? Thanks again CrashN8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:23 am

Table Height is set in UCC Server and then read into CMM-Manager by Renishaw XPath upon connection. I would disconnect CMM-Manager from Server and then make these changes described here - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1394

ken60
Power User
Power User

Post by ken60 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Thanks again CrashN8