Establish Ref. Tip

Bill K
New User
New User

Establish Ref. Tip

Post by Bill K » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:04 am

I searched here, searched the help file, I can not find what I need and I'm stuck, please help :D
I can whip through calibrations using PC-DMIS but this company I'm now working for is using CMM-Manager 3.4.2.2609 (Nikon machine).

Calibration. I'm trying to establish the reference tip but I get the error "Reference tip is under Probe Assembly 0. You must get Probe Assembly 0 before establishing the reference tip.".

I do not see "probe assembly 0" in my list of probes. I've tried every tip build in the changing rack and none of them will take as "probe assy 0". I even built a new probe and named it "probe assembly 0" but that didn't work either.

Without establishing this I am unable to calibrate any of my other probes. Well, sort of, I can do Alignment / Auto Sphere and it appears to be calibrating the current build but measurements are not correct.

ANY help would be so very much appreciated in helping me get through this. We've got inspections to do :D

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Establish Ref. Tip

Post by CrashN8 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 am

ProbeAssy_0 is always the first Probe in the list on the Probe Assembly dialog as shown below. Notice the name in this case is not "ProbeAssembly0" but none the less you will find Ref_Tip in Tip Manager once you've selected this Probe.

Probe_Assy_Zero.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bill K
New User
New User

Re: Establish Ref. Tip

Post by Bill K » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Perfect, thank you! So simple. I feel dumb but at least I'm going now. THANKS to you!!
And thank you for the quick reply as well!