Measuring and printing HOA (Height Over All)

CMSJOE
User
User

Measuring and printing HOA (Height Over All)

Post by CMSJOE » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:04 pm

So I'm really new to CMMMaster, and I have figured out how to measure the HOA of a part by measuring two points and then going to the report tab and clicking distance between, and then preview. But I can not get the results to add themselves to my other dimensions measured. What am I missing? :?:
FYI, we have a manual CMM and I am measuring with Teach Node OFF.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Measuring and printing HOA (Height Over All)

Post by CrashN8 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Maybe just a Report Distance Between while using ZA (Z axis) option vs. 3D option? See below...

Z_height.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CMSJOE
User
User

Post by CMSJOE » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:04 pm

Yes, I have gotten that far, but this result will not print out on my report after making 2 or 3 other measurements. Almost everything we do is one off's. So making measuring programs is tedious to futile. so we do almost everything in feature mode.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:43 am

CMSJOE wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:04 pm
Yes, I have gotten that far, but this result will not print out on my report after making 2 or 3 other measurements. Almost everything we do is one off's. So making measuring programs is tedious to futile. so we do almost everything in feature mode.
I don't understand how doing on-off work has any influence on the measurement... Don't think of this as creating a Program, just measure, report, and move on to the next on-off item. Am I missing something here?

CMSJOE
User
User

Post by CMSJOE » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:36 am

I am new to CMM Manager and am looking for help printing out results from measuring two points to get the height of a part. I can produce the measurement, but it appears as a separate window on the bottom of the screen, and I can't get that information to appear on the regular feature report. I have attached a JPG of the screen as far as I can get before the measurement disappears. From that point I can find no way to get it to print.
HELP!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:11 pm

CMSJOE -this is a warning... I moved your new post back into this discussion. Please do not duplicate posts like this again.

Now that you've provided some additional context, I think I see what you are asking. It looks like you just need some help finding your report document. Please remember that each Report Operation you create is automatically added to your Default Report. You just need to 1) Locate the Report Database that's usually on the right side of CMM-M application. 2) Open the report by double clicking on Default Report at top of Report Database 3) You should now see the report opened in Main Graphics area.
find_your_report.jpg

CMSJOE
User
User

Post by CMSJOE » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Sorry, I could not find the original post i made. I have book marked it so I can find it again.
Here are what my reports looks like. The first from features I can print but does't have the distance between Point 1 and Point 2. The second from Report, can not be printed, but does show the distance, or "Z" Height.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 pm

You have the Feature Report open... This is just a list of measured features with Actual values only. Just double click on 'Default Report' right above where your mouse cursor is in the first image.

CMSJOE
User
User

Post by CMSJOE » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:22 am

But how do I get it to print out on a sheet of paper?

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:46 am

Press the Print Button... Notice the location is different if you have opened 'Print Preview'

print.png

print_preview.png