UCC Server Qualification

JNorton
Regular User
Regular User

UCC Server Qualification

Post by JNorton » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:19 am

I'm relatively new to UCC Server and I need to know if Server has an upper limit for the deviation in the Form output after a probe qualification. I was just told that Server will change the color of the Form results box to orange and red if the deviation exceeds it's limits. And it doesn't matter what the result is as long as it's "green" due to the Volumetric Calculations Server does to account for the 5-Axis head. Is this correct and what are those limits? I've always gone by .0005" max for most probes but as you can see, the results for PA2 are .0385mm or .00152in. This is a 1mm probe and as far as I'm concerned .00152in is unacceptable.

UCC Server 5.3
CMM-MANAGER 3.8sp1
PH-20 HEAD
Screen1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UCC Server Qualification

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:43 am

Keep in mind the "shape" of stylus tip may not be considered perfectly round by UCC Server - i.e. UCC Server will map the 'lobing error' as well as other form related error into the stylus. Depending on where the stylus contacts the workpiece, the Probe Comp applied by UCC may be altered. The real test would be to measure a ring gage or gage block in several orientations after running this calibration in UCC Server. If you have further questions about accuracy on UCC System, we will need to vivert the request to Renishaw directly.

This is the great downfall to newer UCC systems that must use I++. Our client software is no longer responsible for accuracy related to Error Map, Tip Calibration, etc. In my experience Renishaw is quite responsive to helping users sort out these types of questions / concerns.

Ryan Christopher
Nikon
Nikon

Post by Ryan Christopher » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:51 am

Yikes! - you may also want to change the elevation angle on this tool.

search.php?keywords=elevation+angle
Ryan Tackes
Applications Manager, VMS Inc.
http://www.vantagemeasure.com/

JNorton
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JNorton » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:52 pm

@CrashN8 Thanks for the info, I'm contacting Renishaw right now.

@Ryan I adjusted the elevation angle to 10° and now the Std Dev is reading at .000157. Much better. Thanks for the info!

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:56 am

Thanks Ryan...