Joystick Control After "unexpected Touch"

Topics applicable to newer version(s) of CMM-Manager (3.0+)
R S Leedy
User
User

Joystick Control After "unexpected Touch"

Post by R S Leedy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 pm

CMM-Manager 3.8 SP1
LK G-90C Bridge Style CMM
Renishaw PHC 10-2 Controller With PI 200 Probe Interface
Metris handbox / joystick

As of now when I get an unexpected touch, say I "touch" a setup block or something not part of the cad. The machine stops and at this point the only way I know to get "control" back is to hit the red reset button and move the machine by hand. Is there a better way not involving moving things by hand to get joystick control back?

medupriest

Re: Joystick Control After "unexpected Touch"

Post by medupriest » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:35 pm

This can be cause by a stylus that is too heavy for the strength of the module. You may also try turning down your machine's acceleration.

Is this a new install? Had the machine been functioning recently? If so, What changed?

R S Leedy
User
User

Post by R S Leedy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:40 pm

I guess I wasn't clear with my question. This happens when I am developing the program. This morning the probe was moving from one point along and edge to the next and hit or "touched" a blob of hot glue. So in a case like that how do I get control back at the joytstick to move away etc.?

ken60
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by ken60 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:50 pm

When I get an unexpected touch I just wait until the ready light on joystick blinking a gain then move probe away from obtacle

myork1967
Nikon
Nikon

Post by myork1967 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:22 am

If it sticks to where you can't move it, remove the touch sensor and stick it to the side of the body. this will trick the CMM into thinking that it is attached properly. Move it to a clear spot then re-attach the sensor.

R S Leedy
User
User

Post by R S Leedy » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:04 pm

Thanks for the responses, I guess maybe I am a bit impatient in regards to waiting for the blinking light. I will try both methods above