GD&T Position Feature

Advanced techniques applicable to any version of CMM-Manager
CodyVZ
New User
New User

GD&T Position Feature

Post by CodyVZ » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:02 am

Hello,
I am new to using a CMM and am trying to get the position feature down to finish checking these parts and Im having difficulty understanding the report or if Im doing it correctly. I have attached everything I think would be helpful, if someone could help me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: GD&T Position Feature

Post by medupriest » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:39 am

You have MMC (maximum material condition) selected for the material modifier. This should be set to RFS (regardless of feature size) instead.

Everything else looks correct to me. You can change the datums so they are A, B, C from top to bottom. With the "use current ref. frame" option selected, it is already set to your current datum structure which should be:

plane on top which is leveled to (-A-)

A line along the long axis, which is aligned to (-B-)

and a point on the -C- datum, which will just have and origin in that axis (-C-)

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Post by medupriest » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:41 am

The feature report you should have so you can report the diameter.

You do not necessarily need the cord dev. or the show tolerances. In most cases, those would not be shown in a report going to the customer.

CodyVZ
New User
New User

Post by CodyVZ » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:26 pm

medupriest wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:39 am
You have MMC (maximum material condition) selected for the material modifier. This should be set to RFS (regardless of feature size) instead.

Everything else looks correct to me. You can change the datums so they are A, B, C from top to bottom. With the "use current ref. frame" option selected, it is already set to your current datum structure which should be:

plane on top which is leveled to (-A-)

A line along the long axis, which is aligned to (-B-)

and a point on the -C- datum, which will just have and origin in that axis (-C-)
Sorry, This block is just a sample piece for something else im doing that calls for MMC, which is why I have it here

The customer wants to see all that, and the diameter is there?

So I guess what Im asking is, why does the report say its out of tolerance?
How are you supposed to read that part of it?

Sorry, the drawing was an example but it is supposed to be MMC. I guess what I am asking is how to interpret the report for that and why it says its out of tolerance?

What are you saying about the diameter?

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Post by medupriest » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:24 am

The diameter is correct, but the position is off. You receive bonus tolerance because the diameter is over the low limit.