Make MMC "bonus" tolerance part of report

R S Leedy
Getting Started
Getting Started

Make MMC "bonus" tolerance part of report

Post by R S Leedy » Wed May 15, 2019 12:52 pm

I am a new user and have gotten to where I can get the MMC Bonus tolerance to calculate properly in cartesian and polar coordinates. However when the report is previewed and made, the only tolerance that shows up is "total". Is there a setting or option to have CMM manager include the bonus tolerance separately as part of a circle or hole position? In this example the drawing tolerance is TP .010 with MMC. The hole is .0055 above MMC so total tolerance is .0155
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Make MMC "bonus" tolerance part of report

Post by CrashN8 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Use the [Note] button in the Report operation (it's available for all report operations) to add text that indicates original tolerance. You can use this note to add the entire Feature Control Frame if you'd like - i.e. "T.P. 0.010 (M) | A | B (M) | C"

R S Leedy
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by R S Leedy » Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Any way to get this on the list of improvements? It seems like all the pieces are there. It's not a big deal on a small part, but what happens when I get a part with a couple of hundred holes?

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:00 pm

This has been a customer reported request since at least August 2012... To be honest, we are always hesitant to make changes to our standard report since there are a lot of 3rd parties that parse our report for use in SPC, database, etc. I will bring this issue back to our recent backlog and discuss with software team to see if we can find a clever way to display this extra info.

R S Leedy
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by R S Leedy » Mon May 20, 2019 9:56 am

Thanks for the consideration.