Hi All,

I want to save / SaveAs current project using VBScript

How can I do that?.

Please suggest code.

Thanks

medupriest

Re: Save current Project using VBScript

Post by medupriest » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:51 am

This seems potentially inadvisable. Is there a reason you would like to save the project via VB? I would be concerned about program corruption and program drifting. Each time you save the new location of the part is saved along with the project. Saving it every time could cause the part to drift over time.

If you are looking to save the data, there is a safer option for that called "auto save run results". this can be accessed from the pearl.

shamwasu
Participant
Participant

Post by shamwasu » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:36 am

I want to Run one external command and load text file (Which contains Report header related variables) at beginning of every project.

For this, created one project with External Command and VBscript to load Text file. This is project is executed from command line after clicking one Icon on Desktop.

After running project with above commands, I want to save same project with new name using VBScript. Project name will be based on variables from loaded text file to avoid typing.

Then required inspection will be continued in this project.

As of now Im saving project manually (Save AS button and typing filename manually) and doing further inspection work

medupriest

Post by medupriest » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:43 pm

That sounds legit. I will give this more careful consideration and will let you know if I find a method.