Head comunication with controller lost

jpo_031
Regular User
Regular User

Head comunication with controller lost

Post by jpo_031 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi there
I wonder if anybody can help with this issue, I'm running a CMM 3coord with a ph20 head , the problems is that lately the machine keeps showing this error sometimes right when we open the program sometimes while is running

Error (3,1000"{4999})
Error (3,1000{5067} The head has lost its reference position and will need to be re-homed. {0xFF000096) "Machine in error state)
The other error it normally shows is that the head lost communication with the controller( Controller not detected.)

And when that happens it basically kills everything cause doesn't respond even if I reboot it., so in occasions after shutting down everything sometimes responds but if not sometimes I open first UCC server and try starting a new session or changing the environment and switching back to the right one, and then it detects the controller but in occasions doesn't respond at the first attempt. This is something that seems to me as a malfunction of the head, but before making any calls or escalate this for outside service want to see if there still something I can doo first.
Thanks

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Head comunication with controller lost

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:23 am

This is almost certainly a Probe / UCC issue. The error is simply forwarded to the CMM-Manager application. I would contact the company that sold / installed the machine and ask them to troubleshoot your PH20 probe. I'm guessing the encoder in PH20 has some issue where it's losing track of location / count for some reason. Could be as simple as bad wiring between probe and controller.

jpo_031
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Head comunication with controller lost

Post by jpo_031 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:30 pm

Thanks for the tip.
It was a bad connection between the head as you mentioned, the root cause was a bad crash in the ph-20 head that the operator did not report (very common).
Thanks