Adding a material thickness to a dim.

wstephens
Participant
Participant

Adding a material thickness to a dim.

Post by wstephens » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:10 pm

Hello,

Our company purchased CMM Manager 3.4 and we recently started programing. Our parts are pretty basic, but some of our dimensions require a "distance between 2 points" plus a material thickness (.025) or a diameter minus a material thickness. With the exception of these 2 issues all of the other programming is straight forward. I have been told that I need to include VB script to calculate this and to report the dimension. So, since I am very very limited in VB script I was hoping that someone help or give examples of what I need to do. Thanks in advance for the help!

Wayne

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: Adding a material thickness to a dim.

Post by medupriest » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:37 pm

This is the code in line 3

Code: Select all

VAR1 = inputbox("enter material thickness")
This is the code in line 12

Code: Select all

DIST1 = GetReportInfo("DIST BT CIRCLE1 AND CIRCLE2", "XY", 2)

NOM1 = GetReportInfo("DIST BT CIRCLE1 AND CIRCLE2", "XY", 1)

DIST1 = DIST1+VAR1

NOM1 = NOM1+VAR1
with those two scripts, add a user defined dimension as shown below.
VB3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wstephens
Participant
Participant

measure 5pc sample size

Post by wstephens » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:51 pm

The above calculation works great, thanks. But we measure 5 pieces sample sizes and when I create a loop for the program it actually runs and reports all 5 parts. However, it reports the exact same dimension/calculation on parts 2 thru 5 as it did on part number 1 it only does this where the dimensions have the VB script and the feature is re-labeled automatically. I can run as a batch run and get the different dimensions, but I have to initiate the batch run each time the program starts and it too re-labels the feature. I guess what I am asking is there a way to use the loop operation (5 pcs.) and capture the dimensions from the 5 individual parts under the same feature label? Thanks again for the help!

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: Adding a material thickness to a dim.

Post by medupriest » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:06 pm

The sample program is attached to this post will get the job done. There may be a cleaner way to accomplish the request, but it does work. An actual point is constructed by offsetting a point by the material thickness rather than adding the material thickness to the reported data and using a user defined dimension.

I hope this helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.