Importing features from one program to another

Ralliartevo
Regular User
Regular User

Importing features from one program to another

Post by Ralliartevo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:37 pm

I trying to add a group of features from one program to another. Same part, alignment, CAD alignment everything. Just trying to get around reprogramming features that are already programmed in another program.

:?:

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Re: Importing features from one program to another

Post by mhochkins1 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:58 am

Sorry to inform you that you are not able to do what you are requesting at this time. I am not sure where that request stands with the development team as far as being in a future release of the software. It may present compatibility problems with previously released versions of the software.
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

Ralliartevo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ralliartevo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:27 am

:(

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:10 am

What is it you're trying to do... exactly. You mention same part, alignment, features, etc. Is this a subset of the features from a previously created program? If so, you should look into Operation Planner. Operation planner allows you to create a program for ALL features on a part and the break it up into sub-routines or operations automatically. Our software handles recalculation of paths automatically. All you have to do is pick the features or report items you need in that operation.

This makes managing programs much easier since you only need to modify the main program and then all Operation Plans are updated automatically along with the main.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

Ralliartevo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ralliartevo » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 am

nfrost wrote:What is it you're trying to do... exactly. You mention same part, alignment, features, etc. Is this a subset of the features from a previously created program? If so, you should look into Operation Planner. Operation planner allows you to create a program for ALL features on a part and the break it up into sub-routines or operations automatically. Our software handles recalculation of paths automatically. All you have to do is pick the features or report items you need in that operation.

This makes managing programs much easier since you only need to modify the main program and then all Operation Plans are updated automatically along with the main.

Yes i plan on looking into this soon however what im trying to do i simply "copy and paste" features from one program to another. I (without knowing about operation planner) made 3 different programs for 3 different phases of the same part. All i wanted to do was basically import the features from another program...same part... into a new program that had ALOT more features present to avoid having to re write something i had already done.

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:08 am

Best I can suggest is Op Planner or make a copy of the entire program and then delete what you do not want then continue programming new features.

We have had this copy paste question several times... I will up the priority of this request and see what we can do.

ken60
Power User
Power User

Post by ken60 » Mon May 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Ok, I will write a complete program in operation planer then break it up depend on machine operation but in one hand the final program align to datum and sync to cad, in other hand subsequence programs will align off datum, offset and sync to cad. Because of the same cad ref frame to different manual part ref frame my program is not working I know I miss something but can't see it can you help. Thanks

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Thu May 29, 2014 9:48 am

Send your program to Help Desk for review...

Mohitverma2601
New User
New User

Post by Mohitverma2601 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:53 am

thanks