Locating rack

Dquillin
Regular User
Regular User

Locating rack

Post by Dquillin » Thu May 11, 2017 9:34 am

Our rack got bumped and skewed. We are using UCC server and I am locating the rack. The only step I don't quite understand is that I'm prompted to move the probe to a safe location and take an intermediate point. Physically, where would this be? The center of the rack? The calibration plane? All of the other hits where understandable.

Thanks,
DQ

Dquillin
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Locating rack

Post by Dquillin » Thu May 11, 2017 10:00 am

Two minutes after hitting the submit button, I found my answer. I just couldn't comprehend a safe position away from the rack and still taking a "hit". All is well and issue is solved.

Thanks,
DQ

NODOCHAU
Participant
Participant

Post by NODOCHAU » Tue May 14, 2019 3:18 pm

I got an unexpected touch after unloading the stylus. Did you get that error due to safe position?
I am trying to setup a new rack on my machine and I got the error. I am thinking of the safe position too

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:58 am

NODOCHAU wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:18 pm
I got an unexpected touch after unloading the stylus. Did you get that error due to safe position?
I am trying to setup a new rack on my machine and I got the error. I am thinking of the safe position too
Are you using Mitutoyo CMM? If so, please see post here with details about Probe Inhibit for different varieties of UC controller - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=274

Otherwise it still sounds like the Probe is not inhibited during the probe change. Usually the software sends a command to controller that requests probe circuit is ignored during the probe rack change. Some CMM controllers do not support this, in any case more details about your CMM will allow us to help more effectively.