involuntary coordinate system flipping during run

John Dee
Regular User
Regular User

involuntary coordinate system flipping during run

Post by John Dee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:41 am

Hello friends,

I am experiencing an involuntary coordinate system flipping problem. I wrote a program that proceeds through a 6-point alignment. Because I need to measure 2-3 iterations in order to properly align with the part, I merely copy and pasted the section of program lines that produced the 1st iteration and so each "copy" had a suffix "n". then I ran the program and after the first iteration the probes misbehaved. Upon reviewing my nominals as well as path nominals, all the figures were strange. It appears that the coordinate system rotated 180 degrees about the Y-axis. Was this due to the copy-and-past of the initial alignment? Did the coordinate system flip because I had not actually probed the second alignment? If so, why did the flipped alignment remain upon re-running the program again.

I would appreciate any help you may provide me.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: involuntary coordinate system flipping during run

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:41 am

Try changing this preference... Checking this option forces Line feature vector direction based on order of measured points, otherwise the vector direction is determined through a fashion unique to CMM-Manager.
feature_pref.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John Dee
Regular User
Regular User

Post by John Dee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Tried it. Thank you. The constructed plane that appears to be causing the trouble places its vector on the opposite side. I have a feeling that this is because the points were input into the construction in a clockwise order (polar axis = +X) rather than following the right-hand rule (counter-clockwise for positive polarity).

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 am

Could you send a copy of Project File and Run Results to Help Desk? It sounds like we should take a look at this file just to be sure.