Add Move/Get Tip window

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

Add Move/Get Tip window

Post by ragin1 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:43 pm

In the Add Move/Get Tip window the coordinates showing in the Command List are the machine ref. frame coordinates. How can I make the Command List window show the current ref. frame coordinates?

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Re: Add Move/Get Tip window

Post by mhochkins1 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:46 pm

The Add Move command should be from whatever the active RefFrame is. If you have not created an alignment, the moves will be from the Machine's coordinates. After you create a part alignment, the add moves should come from that alignment.

Mark H
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by ragin1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:02 am

Thank you Mark. You addressed my problem, the coordinates in the Command List Window always show machine coordinates, not the current coordinates. I can be on my 23'rd RefFrame in a program, and the coordinates showing are machine coordinates. There has to be a toggle switch somewhere.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:09 am

Can you send a screen shot? I can not duplicate your issue with my system.
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

Ryan Christopher
Nikon
Nikon

Post by Ryan Christopher » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:25 am

I don't have my machine on to test this right now but might this happen because the MACHINE REFERENCE FRAME is set as current from the DRO?

Hover over the DRO and right-click and see if MACHINE REFERENCE FRAME or SCALE is checked. You don't want either of these checked if you're measuring.
Ryan Tackes
Applications Manager, VMS Inc.
http://www.vantagemeasure.com/

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:46 pm

Those were my thoughts as well Ryan. If we can get a screen shot of the Add Move window open with the DRO showing as well, it might tell us somehting.
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by ragin1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:32 pm

Thanks for helping me. Attached is my screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:26 pm

I was able to duplicate your issue. However, I can not tell what the sequences were that led to your situation because I cannot see the program window. Can you zip up the project file and attach it to this post or send it to my email.

In my situation, I brought in a CAD model and used the "Syn Part RefFrame" command right away. The active reference frame changes to "Unnamed" as yours (however, the DRO is still from Machine coordinates). The CAD was not in sync with the probe tip at the center. When I added moves it appeared as yours.
I don't see a CAD file in your picture so I doubt this is the case with yours.
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by ragin1 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Here is a 7zip of the file. No cad. I am at a getting by level with this software, and am learning by trial and error. Any help is appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:22 pm

That is a good observation that I personally have not noticed this before. If you would have asked me to testify, I would have said that the Command List would reflect the move from the active part RefFrame.

However, I did notice that if you uncheck the "Use Current Position" box and type in the coordinate location, it still shows the move from the machine coordinates in the Command List window before you select "OK". But, if you open it up afterwards you will notice that the coordinates have been updated to the Part coordinates or current RefFrame.

This is a good question for the Development Team. Sorry I don't have an answer for this myself.

Has anyone else noticed this???

Thanks,

Mark H
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins