Set Move and Touch Acceleration

US_Helpdesk

Set Move and Touch Acceleration

Post by US_Helpdesk » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:30 am

It is possible on DCC machines to set not only the Touch and Rapid Move speeds but also the acceleration.

From Preferences enable the Acceleration setting in the DCC category as shown in the image below. You can now set move speeds and accels from DCC Settings.
accel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

Loewener
Nikon
Nikon

Change speed for calibration

Post by Loewener » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:11 am

Hi
Is there as way to change the touch speed and touch accel when calibrating a small stylus .

US_Helpdesk

Re: Set Move and Touch Acceleration

Post by US_Helpdesk » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:43 pm

Yes... Please search fro the result next time. The search bar at the top of the forum returned this answer as the first result.

Loewener
Nikon
Nikon

Post by Loewener » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:59 pm

I am aware of the possibility to change the speed and accel in a program but not in calibration mode.
If you make a calibration of a 0.5 stylus with the same settings as if making a calibration of a 4 mm stylus, then one would get wrong results.

if I understand it correctly, so if you change the speed and accel during a program, then it will have influence on the entire program.

Is it possible to use different speeds, accel, approach and backoff distance for various probes in the same program?

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Calibration speeds are determined by current Program DCC Settings. Therefore making the change in Program Settings at the top of the Program will effect a Tip Calibration performed in Teach Mode.

You can make subsequent DCC setting modifications by adding the DCC Settings command to a program. This is located in the Features ribbon tab from the drop-down in the corner of the Teach group.