Mirror CAD colors

lenkamholz
Nikon
Nikon

Mirror CAD colors

Post by lenkamholz » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:24 pm

I'm mirroring a program in 3.9 SP2. The CAD model colors seem to change on the mirrored CAD to be the opposite of the Default. So the Outside becomes purple and the inside becomes grey.

But if I go to Display\model and selected all surfaces, properties, turn off use default and try to reverse the colors back, nothing happens. In fact, I can't seem to change the color of any CAD surface of a mirrored model. It seems to be stuck. I can change the default colors, and it will change (still the opposite), but then the colors of my non-mirrored programs will be wrong.

Thanks,

Len

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mirror CAD colors

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:44 pm

I think this is hard-coded color scheme that's used for Mirrored CAD - just to let you know quickly that you're dealing with mirrored program. I will look to see if there is a way to override this color scheme on mirrored CAD.

Ryan Christopher
Nikon
Nikon

Post by Ryan Christopher » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:22 pm

I hope Nate has something better than this but I usually change my color scheme from **dark grey/magenta** to **dark grey/white**.

Then the "opposite" surfaces look different but not too offensive.
Ryan Tackes
Applications Manager, VMS Inc.
http://www.vantagemeasure.com/

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:44 am

When changing colors for Mirrored CAD it appears that Inner and Outer surfaces are swapped. I think just set the 'inside' color that you liika and it will display as such on outside of mirrored CAD / program.