Mirror Error

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: Mirror Error

Post by medupriest » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:52 am

I would try mirroring again. Make sure the cursor is at the beginning of the program and the machine reference frame is active and normal to the table. The bottom plane of the part in the original is nearly normal to the table and when I mirrored the program, the bottom plane of the mirrored part was also nearly normal to the table.
mirrored3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kyjio
User
User

Post by Kyjio » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:52 pm

I figured out the solution, thought i should post it in case someone else encounters this issue. The "Get Tip" command needed to be modified to A0B0, which i had done already, as well as the first point for each feature type. The software added a "Get Tip" move in "Set-1" and "Tooling_Ball-1" to rotate to an angle.

So, to fix it you would need to select the points, unlock the feature, and then modify the "Get Tip" command it put in which is located in the "Paths" Tab.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:22 am

One more thought... We did just release 3.5 SP1. This is available on the download page, there were a couple minor bug fixes related to Program Mirroring. One related specifically to mirrored Tip Angles. It may be worth a shot to try this latest release to see if the problem is fixed.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

Kyjio
User
User

Post by Kyjio » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:31 pm

How do i download the service pack? i don't see it on the download page, just the option to install the software.

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Post by medupriest » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:20 pm

The 3.5 download link on the website is for sp1.

Kyjio
User
User

Post by Kyjio » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:50 am

Well, I am now trying to do the part cert portion of the job and i'm coming across an error while mirroring.
before.JPG
after.JPG
As you can see, the mirror function is not mirroring Through Y (on the ZX Plane) as i want it to, rather its rotating the coordinate system around Z (I think). So my numbers are not coming out at the correct locations. I just downloaded and installed SP1.