Measuring Features in Tight Spaces

jpknox
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Measuring Features in Tight Spaces

Post by jpknox » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:49 pm

So I am back in the programming position and have more questions about the same machine I had talked about above back in 2016.
It still has the above error but we have moved those parts to another CMM.

So anyways, the machine is a LK Altera 8.7.6 with a PH10M and the LK controller CMM Manager 3.5.

The CMM will take a point, you hear it beep but then it says cannot get a touch point. Hit retry and it will do the same. Cancel, do a manual point and it will continue on just fine.

On the flip side, we have also had many issues when taking points during a manual alignment where it will not register the points taken. Again you will hear the beep but not point registers on the software. Sometimes you can take the same point 4 times and it won't register. I have noticed that if your first point doesn't register, if you go to another spot and take a point, say 5mm over, it will register. We usually have this issue when doing points for a circle.
You can never make everyone happy, but, you can make everyone miserable.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:44 am

I would capture a communication log and send to Help Desk. They can send here to our engineering team and we can investigate. This could very easily be a setting in the LKCMMDRV.cfg file.

Regarding manual point collection... Are you putting the CMM in "slow" mode before taking each point? You should be.

jpknox
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jpknox » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Doesn't matter if it is in slow or normal. Have had the same problem either way. Have been told that one already.
You can never make everyone happy, but, you can make everyone miserable.