.ini file

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

.ini file

Post by ragin1 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:54 am

Is there documentation anywhere of the .ini file settings anywhere? My job would be much less repetitive if I could tweak some default settings. I really don't want to go in blind.

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: .ini file

Post by ragin1 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:59 am

Or is there an editable configuration file for cmm-m?

jswope
Super User
Super User

Post by jswope » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:33 am

Did you look under the preferences. There are a lot of default settings there.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Not sure what .ini settings you are looking to change, however at the top of every program in the Program Database tab is a line for Program Settings:
Program_Settings.JPG
Double Click it and this window opens:
Program_Settings2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by ragin1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:22 pm

I'm referring to where the cursor will default in certain windows. Another would be direction of rotation of hit points measuring a circle, cylinder, or cone. Same with planes and slots. Another would be things that are already selected when opening a measurement window.

If I could change these settings, I would know where my probe is heading when I select the measurement window. If the rotation, or a certain feature of a measurement window will need changed, I know this already. If I could change the cursor default locations, I can edit without double clicking the data cell.

example: During a distance report, I almost always want the normal parallel distance, the default is normal.

As it stands, I never know which direction my probe will travel without reviewing the path on screen, then changing if needed during each measurement sequence. If it always took the same rotation, I would rarely have to edit the path.

They probably coded these things into the dll files. I can't find any ini files that have any depth at all.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:38 pm

As "jswope" suggested, many of what you have mentioned may have preference settings associated with them. I am not aware of any .ini file where you can edit it for what you have mentioned however I do believe the software code is VB based.
Preferences.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by ragin1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Of course I have that set, but where does cmm-m consider 0 in the xy, yz, and zx? Even if I stay in the xy it changes on the same surface. The only time it is consistent is using the hole pattern feature. Just sayin.

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by ragin1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:44 pm

BTW, Thank you for your quick response Mark.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:50 pm

@ragin1,
if they (CMMMGR) are being consistent and true to convention, the "0" position is supposed to be at the 3 O'clock position and rotate counter clockwise for a positive rotation for whichever work plane the feature is defined in (xy, yz or zx).
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

ragin1
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by ragin1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:53 pm

I've had a few light days here. When this rotation direction comes up for me again, and I have time, I'll post the program to the forum. I'm not going to complain consistency.