DCC Move/Touch Acceleration Settings

Greg
Power User
Power User

DCC Move/Touch Acceleration Settings

Post by Greg » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 am

We have two CMM's running CMM Manager 3.6 SP2. A brown & sharpe Global and an Excel.
We recently retro fitted our Global and been getting the following Touch and Move acceleration errors (see pics).
I also noticed that the DCC Settings are different for this for each machine. They do have different heads.

Does the "Enable change of move and touch acceleration" button supposed to be checked or not? TIA

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DCC Move/Touch Acceleration Settings

Post by CrashN8 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 am

Greg wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 am
Does the "Enable change of move and touch acceleration" button supposed to be checked or not? TIA
I guess that depends on whether you want to edit these values or not. If you get an error like this then, yes check this box. Next open a new Program and double click the Program Settings Program operation at the top then edit the Acceleration value(s) until they are within an acceptable range. Note - the range could be read in from the CMM controller and varies from machine to machine.

Greg
Power User
Power User

Post by Greg » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:31 pm

CrashN8 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 am
Greg wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 am
I guess that depends on whether you want to edit these values or not. If you get an error like this then, yes check this box. Next open a new Program and double click the Program Settings Program operation at the top then edit the Acceleration value(s) until they are within an acceptable range. Note - the range could be read in from the CMM controller and varies from machine to machine.
The problem is that I get that error message when I try editing features within the program. Changing the acceleration values in the program setting does not change the program globally. I would have to change each feature, one at a time. Which is not ideal. I will check the box and see how it goes. Thanks

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:15 am

Changing values in Program Settings WILL change the acceleration values for all features that do not have the DCC Override option turned on. If you've turned this option on in any feature(s) just turn it back off for each one and those features will inherit the DCC settings from Program Settings or DCC Settings in that program.