CAD Import and Rendering Improved in version 3.9

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

CAD Import and Rendering Improved in version 3.9

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Starting in version 3.9 CMM-Manager CAD import will be improved by a significant factor. Most if not all issues related to slow performance, out of memory, poor CAD rendering, etc. reported here - viewforum.php?f=53 will be resolved in this next release of CMM-Manager.

Image below describes improved CAD import / load time for version 3.9 compared to previous version (3.8) 400+ MB file that loads in 12 minutes in previous version now loads in mere seconds. These benchmarks are improving daily as we continue working on CAD import and rendering. By the time 3.9 releases, users should expect to easily import IGES model with size upwards of 1GB. As of today these improvements can be realized on a standard PC although you might expect PC requirements to change with next release, mainly to account for any special graphics card requirements.

cad_import.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rcmetrology
Nikon
Nikon

Re: CAD Import and Rendering Improved in version 3.9

Post by rcmetrology » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Thanks guys. This is a much needed and greatly welcome development!

chuck swanson
Regular User
Regular User

Post by chuck swanson » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:48 am

Very Nice!
Thank you in advance for this improvement. gang!

Murguel
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Murguel » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:01 am

Much appreciated. I am looking forward to test it. CAD translation time is always an issue here at our location. But you guys would really be my heroes, because I've never seen another CMM software translating that quick, as you stated. I am really curious.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:36 am

Murguel wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:01 am
Much appreciated. I am looking forward to test it. CAD translation time is always an issue here at our location. But you guys would really be my heroes, because I've never seen another CMM software translating that quick, as you stated. I am really curious.
I am perplexed why others in this industry haven't come across opportunity for similar improvements. Our benchmarks show that similar software will import anywhere from 2x to 4x faster than our current builds, now we suddenly are importing at rate of 10-40 times faster. Keep in mind, this is all benchmark for IGES model only, when native CAD is import we still rely on 3rd party conversion that will add a few minutes to these operations for very large CAD. Even then, our total benchmark improves significantly.