Change DCC Approach/Backoff Settings for Tip Calibration.

Justin
User
User

Change DCC Approach/Backoff Settings for Tip Calibration.

Post by Justin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:33 am

I have an issue in which I somehow managed to change my Approach/Backoff settings to something ridiculous (.200), and it takes forever to calibration. I need to get it back to it's original setting, but I can't seem to find out where that is done.

medupriest

Re: Change DCC Approach/Backoff Settings for Tip Calibration.

Post by medupriest » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:22 am

Hello,

If you double-click on the program settings (first step in any program), you can change the settings there. If you are in run mode, then you can change it from the "More" button in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

Justin
User
User

Post by Justin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:17 am

As in for individual CMM programs? I typically use a default approach/backoff setting of .040", and adjust as needed depending on the feature. What I'm talking about is when I am calibrating the tip to the calibration sphere. It's approach/backoff is set wayyyy too high and I can't get it back to something reasonable.

Justin
User
User

Post by Justin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:02 am

I'll try to post a video to explain in detail what I'm talking about. The approach/backoff distance when calibrating to the sphere doesn't seem to change regardless of what I have it set to in the program settings. Not sure how far it's approach/backoff is exactly when calibrating to the sphere, but it appears to be approx .200 which is alot IMO.

medupriest

Post by medupriest » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am

Understood. The video is not necessary. I will look into this.