Calculating Taper

Sinistar1973
New User
New User

Calculating Taper

Post by Sinistar1973 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:37 pm

I was hoping there is a way to calculate a cone taper in the program to output to a decimal dimension. What I have to do now is say the cone is supposed to be 1.500 Taper per foot. The nominal cone angle that I would output the CMM for would be 7.15267 degrees. So I would have to calculate from there but it would be easier to just have it in the program rather than calculating every time.

US_Helpdesk

Re: Calculating Taper

Post by US_Helpdesk » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:57 pm

You could refer to the User Group Meeting files for information on calculating the report output in CMM-Manager directly using VB - https://cmmmanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=767

Or see this post for another example - https://cmmmanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=497

I will post another solution using Constructions in just a moment...
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:11 pm

Measure the cone, level and set origin. Construct Plane at Cone Apex, construct another plane offset from first at the desired distance, finally construct a circle at intersection of cone and second plane. Report the location and / or radius of the constructed circle. I was not sure if the taper convention was radial or diametrical, just a matter of checking Rad vs. Dia in the report dialog.
cone_taper.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

Sinistar1973
New User
New User

Post by Sinistar1973 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:20 pm

That worked perfectly. Thanks!