CompareVidia and CMM Manager

eangel
User
User

CompareVidia and CMM Manager

Post by eangel » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:40 pm

We have just received a copy CompareVidia software and I need to confirm our CMM programs are properly translated and reporting correctly. Has anyone used this software in this fashion that can shed some light on how to use the two software together? As far as I can tell I am supposed to export the program into a format the compare software can read (ie IGS) When I do this the only thing that gets exported are points from clouds or individual points. If I measure a circle or a surface I don't seem to get points or surfaces when I export it as an IGS. Is there a setting I am missing for export?

Ryan Christopher
Nikon
Nikon

Re: CompareVidia and CMM Manager

Post by Ryan Christopher » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:58 pm

I use Compare Vidia...the easiest way is to do the comparison of the derivative before you import into CMM-M but if you want to compare after importing into CMM-M you could generate a bunch of points on the imported model and export as an iges file and then compare...

1. Leave teach mode (enter walk-up measure mode; the screen with the 49.33 shades of grey back ground).
2. RIBBON > FEATURES > CONSTRUCT FEATURE block > POINTS FROM CAD
3. Add some amount of points (preferably in 2 planes).
4. RIBBON > IMPORT/EXPORT > EXPORT block > FEATURES
5. Compare in Compare Vidia.

Good luck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryan Tackes
Applications Manager, VMS Inc.
http://www.vantagemeasure.com/