Graphical report question

mcasey
Frequent User
Frequent User

Graphical report question

Post by mcasey » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:44 pm

I have a project that I am working on where I need to produce a graphical report for the cloud to cad deviation of the inside surface and outside surface of a part (essentially a thin wall tube with a taper on the inside surface). The only points that need to have values displayed on the report are the MIN and MAX deviations (which I get using the mark max/min command), however when I generate the report it shows the deviations for all of the points (180 per surface) and I end up manually deleting these. Is there any way to change the default behavior so that it doesn't generate the annotations? Thank you in advance.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Re: Graphical report question

Post by mhochkins1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:52 pm

How are you manually deleting them?

There are quick ways of removing or changing the deviation display but I am not aware of how to change the preferences as you are requesting.
If you double click on a deviation, the following window will open. You can select to display just the label (dev. sequence number) and then select the "Mark Min/Max" from the Ribbon Bar. Other than that, I am not sure...
dev_display.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

mcasey
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by mcasey » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Here are some images to help clarify. The first shows what I get when I first generate the graphical report.
example 1.JPG
I am then using the delete command from the annotations portion of the ribbon bar to individually remove all the annotation "flags" as the only thing we want displayed are the min/max values. Here is what we want for the final output.
example 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm

I think it will be much quicker if you use either the method I mention above, or the "Delete All Deviations" and then just click the "Mark Min/Max". It should give you just what you want in a whole lot less clicks!
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

mcasey
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by mcasey » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:05 pm

Ok, in the process of talking through this I figured out how to do it. If I use the "delete all" command under the deviations section of the ribbon bar it deletes all the points so that it won't even display the min or max values using the "mark min/max" command. However, using the delete all command listed under the "pick to create" drop down menu only deletes the annotation flags. Thanks.