Unequally disposed surface profile

SebastianXP
Regular User
Regular User

Unequally disposed surface profile

Post by SebastianXP » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:12 pm

Hello.

Any idea to report this profile ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SebastianXP
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Unequally disposed surface profile

Post by SebastianXP » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:15 pm

And for example report this profile to ABC datums
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:02 pm

SebastianXP wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:12 pm
Hello.

Any idea to report this profile ?
I would suggest Alignment (Best Fit) to the curve and then report using Cloud to Curve Compare using Profile output option. Note - Cloud to Curve Report allows specification of unique tolerance band for all CAD segments.

When adding A|B|C as in second example, you should just Align to A,B & C and report in same way.

SebastianXP
Regular User
Regular User

Post by SebastianXP » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:46 pm

But this is ISO UnderZone. If i make this like u Say it Will not respect the - 0.1 offset for tolerance zone 0.2.

Maybe sth more different:

What if i have plane to report. And this plane have this same report values; profile 0.2 UZ - 0.1 ABC. There is no option in software on profile surface to report that, and i make another offset plane - 0.1 to inside to part then i use standard surface profile 0.2 it Will be good?

Ryan Christopher
Nikon
Nikon

Post by Ryan Christopher » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:19 am

I am not familiar with the ISO standard but from what you are describing, I suspect this is your answer: Tolerance = -0.2 to -0.1
Ryan Tackes
Applications Manager, VMS Inc.
http://www.vantagemeasure.com/

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:28 am

I guess I misunderstood the UZ modifier... I figured this modifier was specifying a smaller zone regardless of Datums (Best-Fit) and then a larger zone with full regards to Datum / Ref Frame. Instead it seems to mean you just adjust Zone (0.2 in this case) such that it's on the high or low side of nominal shape. Both can be done easily in CMM-Manager using the standard Profile or Cloud to CAD / Curve Profile options. You say this option does not exist... what version? Profile was updated in CMM-Manager to include these options (maybe 2-3 years ago)

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:29 am

ISO - UZ Modifier
Unequally Disposed — Adds the Unequally Disposed modifier, UZ, to indicate that a profile tolerance has an unequally disposed tolerance zone. When you select this option, the value that you specify represents the offset of the theoretical profile, with the direction of the offset indicated by the sign. A "+" sign indicates "out of the material" and a "-" sign indicates “into the material”.