inconsistent actuals between inspection report and banks

John Dee
Regular User
Regular User

inconsistent actuals between inspection report and banks

Post by John Dee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:12 pm

Hello all,

CMM Manager 3.7.1.5252 is generating an part inspection report actual that is inconsistent with the actuals appearing in the Feature, Program, and Report Data banks. All three banks state the same exact value whereas the part inspection report gives a value within approximately .003" of the banks. I even recalled the alignment in the program line prior to the report line, and received the same results. The Feature and the report use the exact same alignment.

I layed out the feature on a surface plate and arrived w/in .0002" of that actual listed in the banks, so I am not sure why the part inspection report is doing this.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: inconsistent actuals between inspection report and banks

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 am

Ref Frame not the same between measurement and reporting? Some setting in Report operation that's allowing Improvement Zone of Ref Frame? What report output is this? True Position, Feature Report?

I think send the program to Help Desk or give me detail here....

John Dee
Regular User
Regular User

Re: inconsistent actuals between inspection report and banks

Post by John Dee » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:29 pm

I sent a clip of the program concerning the particular feature (circle's Z-axis distance) to the help desk on Friday. The reporting involved was the standard measurement report that results from a DCC program run in program mode.

We do have a similar reporting problem that was described in the December 5, 2018 port "6-point nest iterative alignments without CAD". I also sent that program to the help desk but have not heard back from anyone concerning a resolution.

I appreciate your assistance in this matter