German_man
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by German_man » Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 am

Hello, we have the following problem:
the nominal measuring value of the chart is different to the nominal measuring value of the graphic chart.
It should be always the same value! See our two pictures we have enclosed. For example Point 1
X = 3907,038 on the chart is X = 3907,077 on the graphic!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Bild Wertetabelle.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ryan Christopher
Nikon
Nikon

Re: Report

Post by Ryan Christopher » Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm

You have discovered the nature of cloud to cad reports.

Crazy as it sounds, the nominal values can change, and it is good that they can. In truth, the nominal values aren't changing, the relationship of the measured points to the nominal surfaces is changing.

The nominal values in your text report are discrete and hard coded into the program. Once they are input, they cannot change unless the programmer changes them. The nominal values for CAD surfaces are not discrete points. They are continuous. Every point, and every point between every point, all exist as the nominal values. Discrete nominal values for cloud to cad and cloud to curve reports are 'extracted' new every time the program is run. For each measured point, a nominal value is found using the closest 'point' on the cad model.

One good reason for this: If I had a perfect part and I measured a point at 1.00, 1.00, 1.00 my report would still show some error because the machine is not capable of touching exactly, exactly, exactly where it was aiming to. If my nominal values are locked in, then some portion of the error in my results will always be machine error. By finding nominals at run time, positioning errors are effectively eliminated.

If it is important that your nominal values reflect a chart or specifically defined set of data points, then you should report using REPORT FEATURE, and use something like X, Y, Z, T.
Ryan Tackes
Applications Manager, VMS Inc.
http://www.vantagemeasure.com/