Bonus Tolerance Reporting

billdyer
Nikon
Nikon

Bonus Tolerance Reporting

Post by billdyer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:08 pm

I have automated Inspection software that allows me to upload the cmm data.
The problem I am having is with true position of holes using MMC. My inspection software is looking for the bonus tolerance. Currently CMM manager does not output the word bonus and the tolerance, it just shows the total tolerance. Because of this I then have to manually input the bonus tolerance.
Does anyone know how to force CMM Manager to also output the word Bonus and its tolerance?
Please take a look at the bonus.pdf that I uploaded. I circled the area I would like dumped out on the report
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: Bonus Tolerance Reporting

Post by medupriest » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:42 pm

This could be done with VB scripting.

Code: Select all

Act = GetReportInfo ("CYL_DAT-B-", "DIA", 2) 
Nom = GetReportInfo ("CYL_DAT-B-", "DIA", 1) 
LoTol = GetReportInfo ("CYL_DAT-B-", "DIA", 4) 

LoTol = ABS(LoTol)

Bonus = Nom-LoTol-Act

Bonus = ABS(Bonus)
If you report the diameter of Datum -B- before the script and then after the script add a user defined dimension, you can then enter the variable "Bonus" for the dimension name and "Bonus" for the actual.
Untitled1.png
I would also add that when using modifiers on datums, you may want to consider using composite position as it tends to be a more robust way of handling those calculations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.