Bubbling drawings in PDF

Tabor
Super User
Super User

Bubbling drawings in PDF

Post by Tabor » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:13 am

Since Elsmar Cove is gone, I wanted to share this here so that it was still out there for people to find.

We bubble all our drawings directly in Acrobat. For numbers 1-99, we use the Combinumerals font which I've attached. 1-19 are the top two LETTER rows starting with Q. 20-99 is simply the first number then <SHIFT> + the second number. For example, 22 would be 2@.

For three digit numbers, I created dynamic stamps that I've attached. I also created a circle and a small oval. The oval and circle stamps are equivalent to 18 pt font and the small oval is 14 pt. To use the dynamic stamps, save the attached in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\<your version of acrobat>\Acrobat\plug_ins\Annotations\Stamps\ENU

If Acrobat is running, close and restart it.
Open the file you want to bubble.
Click the pull down arrow next to the “Stamp” button
Choose the circle or oval stamp under the “Bubble Stamp” category.
Click on the drawing where you want your bubble
A dialog box will pop up, put the number you want in the circle
Hit Ok

Hope this is a help to some!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tabor

Tabor
Super User
Super User

Re: Bubbling drawings in PDF

Post by Tabor » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:14 am

And here are red stamps if you prefer and a "Bubbled By" stamp we use to satisfy our documentation requirements.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tabor

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:23 pm

Tabor,

I also posted a video on this topic a while back: https://youtu.be/t5M5PkZknEU
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

Tabor
Super User
Super User

Post by Tabor » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:43 pm

That's exactly how I did it for a while but with CombiNumerals and my dynamic stamps, the process is considerably faster.
Tabor

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:05 pm

Tabor,
I personally do not have much need for it anymore. I am just sharing for those that might not know how to use the toolbars and comments in Adobe Acrobat. That and your stamps should give people a good idea what they can do!
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

genx2008
New User
New User

Post by genx2008 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:14 am

Hi Tabor,
Thanks for the sample bubbles. I'd like to create different size bubbles (probably in illustrator). But when you create dynamic stamps in acrobat, how do you make it to input exhibit number like your bubble does. Please point me to some tutorial. Thank you so much.

Tabor
Super User
Super User

Post by Tabor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:42 am

When you open my stamps, click on the "tools" panel on the right side, choose "Forms", then "Edit". You'll then be able to copy my stamp into another PDF file with the new size you've created. You'll then need to edit the font & script to suit your needs. Right click on the form field you pasted from my file and select "Properties". Under the "Appearance" tab you can select font and font color. Under the "Calculate" tab, you can edit the Java script. You shouldn't need to touch the Java except to update The Stamp Name as detailed here:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/dyna ... mp_secrets

All of the background ovals and circles I created were simply done in Powerpoint and then simply printed to PDF and cropped the page in Acrobat. I'm not sure if it exports the graphics as vector files or not but you can zoom in very tight and they behave like vector files.
Tabor