True Position

lcray30
Regular User
Regular User

True Position

Post by lcray30 » Fri May 22, 2015 6:10 am

Hello everyone,
I am having an issue with a true position call out. Its being called out on a hole that's at a 2.25 degree angle from 0. I measure the hole and do a projection to a plane that is 90 degrees from the hole to get a point. When I measure the point to find its location the x and y coordinates are usually within a couple tenths of nominal but when I do the true position it is telling me that it is up to .200 out of tolerance. I am rotating my reference frame to the angle that the hole is at so that it will measure it properly. What am I doing wrong?

Everything else is coming out just fine on the part. Even the other true position that is not at an angle is coming out good. I took the beginners class in Michigan but we didn't really go into detail on true positions. Is there a step by step instruction that I can follow maybe to help me?

Thanks

US_Helpdesk

Re: True Position

Post by US_Helpdesk » Fri May 22, 2015 11:02 am

I think you should send your project file to HelpDesk for evaluation. They can also explain all of the options / settings in the TP dialog. I suspect you have mismatch of Feature Report nominal and TP basic (nominal) values. This is common... HelpDesk can explain where to enter the nominal values correctly as well as how to interpret the results.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here