Odd things in 3.9???

Allawynn
Participant
Participant

Odd things in 3.9???

Post by Allawynn » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:26 am

We upgraded from 3.8 to 3.9 and I am seeing some interesting problems that are forcing me to go back to 3.8, to wit:

Lately, as I do reference frames / new alignments, the "CAD IN SYNC" box on the bottom of the screen will go from a green check mark to a red x, and stays red even when the program goes through a "sync CAD" statement - while running a program. When this happens - my inspection points suddenly appear off to one side of the model I am using. Any 3D data I get is scrambled and is clearing wrong.

Now for the funny in all this. IF I stop the program, and do a "Partial Run" from where the problems start, ie, start with the alignment recall and sync cad command - the "CAD IN SYNC" box gets 1- a green check mark and 2- all the data that was out of tolerance by a mile is suddenly just fine.

To me - it appears - this version of software is NOT reading the alignments and syncing commands correctly.

I am currently using CMM version 3.9

2nd issues with this version is - I can no longer get the "Tol Color Bar" to print out. I can get the Tol "----|++++" bar to print however.

3rd and final issue I am seeing: Under Disk Display Settings, I have the radio box for Show Legend on. The Legend no longer is being shown. V. 3.8 did show the legend, but not 3.9.

Thanks -

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Odd things in 3.9???

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:14 am

As I remember (I will double check) we have not made changes in version 3.9 that would affect CAD Sync as you describe. Is it possible to send Project FIle and Run Results File for a program that exhibits this behavior? If so, feel free to email me file directly - I've PM'd my email address so you can reach me.

I'm looking into missing Colored Graph images on Report that you describe. I have another user that reports the same issue for both Printed Report and Report saved as Excel. I cannot reproduce either scenario on systems here in Columbus. We did make changes to these images with recent (3.9) graphics updates. As I understand, many of these Bitmap images now start as a 24bit image and then get converted or copied to the Printed Document or to the Excel file... Maybe there is some issue with this conversion. Do you use a 32 or 64 bit OS on your PC?

Finally the issue you report about Legend (disc) in Graphical Report. This was discovered here in Columbus office shortly after the 3.9 release and will be resolved in 3.9 Service Pack.

Thanks for your valuable feedback. I look forward to additional info and files from you.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:23 pm

Allawynn wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:26 am
2nd issues with this version is - I can no longer get the "Tol Color Bar" to print out. I can get the Tol "----|++++" bar to print however.
What exactly do you mean by "print" do you really mean print like a Windows Printer, or is this related to Excel and maybe you're printing the report after saving to Excel? We found and fixed an issue that only manifests when saving report to Excel that contains Bitmap images.

Please confirm.

Allawynn
Participant
Participant

Post by Allawynn » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Ref the color bar. It will be on the screen, as it should be. However, the printed output to Excel, the color histogram is missing. the *****/++++ graphs will print OK. and I am using a 64 bit machine. We did have a minor problem when using v. 3.8, in that on occasion - the bars would fail to output. I was able to just do work arounds. just seems odd, that with 3.8 it was a hit or miss thing.

Now back to the CAD in sync. I have spent the last few days testing and testing, in both 3.8 and 3.9.

In 3.8, the green check mark is always lit when I was using the alignment that correlated to the sync. If I do a secondary alignment, a rotation or offset for convenience sake - the check mark goes to a red X. Ok - I understand why. Then when I would recall the "main" or synced alignment, I would get the green check mark. working as it should.

In 3.9, working offline, I do my alignment, sync, green check mark. good. recall said "main" alignment, green check mark. Do a secondary alignment, red X. Ok - recall the synced alignment, green check mark. Now I am thinking, maybe I am just not understanding. Now to run the program, connect to the system, do the alignments, green check mark, the secondary alignment hits, red X, the program picks up the recalled sync'd alignment, and the green check, remains a red X. Now, IF (and I have to do a lot of jumping about in my programs due to the nature of our work), I do a partial run and go to the recalled sync'd alignment, I get the green check mark.

As for my funny data - I traced that back to operator error, my error. so that has been solved.

Thanks for listening - IF I can answer anything else - please, let me know. THANKS!!!

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:18 am

Color Bar issue has been resolved and will include fix in 3.9 SP1 (releasing in the next month) Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regarding CAD Sync - I think you should read this post - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=805 - I hope it will explain some things about CMM-Manager that will help you out. If you have further questions please feel free to email me again.

chuck swanson
Regular User
Regular User

Post by chuck swanson » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:34 pm

We are getting the same problem with the color bar. If we print immediately the bar is on the report. but if we save to excel and look at the report later, it's gone. Good to hear this will be fixed soon, this has the potential to upset our customers

medupriest

Post by medupriest » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:07 pm

This will be resolved in 3.9SP1