NIST Algorithm Test Program

Step by step CMM-Manager tutorials
CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

NIST Algorithm Test Program

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:23 am

You may be familiar with PTB (3rd party) certification that tests fitting Algorithm of (typically) metrology software. You can find the PTB certificate for CMM-Manager here.

It is also possible to perform in-house test of CMM-Manager using NIST generated datasets by running a program I've created that is now distributed with all CMM-Manager installations. You will find a program named NIST_test.PRG in the C:\ProgramData\Nikon\CMM-Manager_xxx\Projects folder.

First you need to download the NIST data sets here.

Now run the program, it may take a few minutes to execute depending on your PC. During the beginning prompts (Machine ID, User Name, Tolerance, Software Version, etc.) you will be prompted for file path of NIST dataset. In example below I have copied the entire NIST folder (downloaded from NIST website) to C:\ProgramData\Nikon\
NIST_folder.jpg
Once the program is done running you will see a lot of constructed features in Database and in Main Graphics screen.
NIST_features.jpg
A .CSV file is generated and saved in the same folder specified during program execution - i.e. C:\ProgramData\Nikon\ for my example above.
NIST_report.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.