LAF on stage glass without touch probe

Software topics related to Nikon iNexiv and Retrofit Camera
manfred87
User
User

LAF on stage glass without touch probe

Post by manfred87 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:52 am

Hi everybody,
i'm new in cmm-manager, but have been working with the Nexiv from VMA to VMZ-R in service and on AutoMeasure for about 3 years.
So on Control fair last month some customer brought parts with him and he wanted me to measure the height.
The VMA was equiped with the mcr20 rack, and all touch probes had been stored.
In AutoMeasure i'm able to put a LAF point on the stage glass with or without a touch probe, but in cmm-manager the machine stops 5 mm above stage zero in z.
Does anybody else know this issue?

Using Nexiv VMA-2520, CMM-Manager 3.7 SP2, Win 10

Thanks
Manfred

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: LAF on stage glass without touch probe

Post by medupriest » Mon May 14, 2018 11:23 am

In the folder location C:\ProgramData\Nikon\CMM-Manager 3.7 SP2\Driver you will find the Nexiv.cfg file. If on the same machine, AutoMeasure is allowing the machine to go further in a direction than CMM-Manager, then the CFG file is likely different.

You can either look at changing the "StopUpper" and "StopLower" values in that configuration file and comparing it to the file used for AutoMeasure (which is in C:\NEXIV\Init), or you could even copy the file from the "init" folder to the "driver" folder and replacing the file there. If you replace the file rather than changing the stop limits, then you will probably also want to re-calibrate.

manfred87
User
User

Post by manfred87 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:47 am

Thanks for your answer, i'm going to have a look at that.
But the thing is, if I load a touch probe, I'm able to set a LAF point on the stage glass.

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Post by medupriest » Tue May 15, 2018 9:42 am

Yes. You should be able to.

When you have your laser AF tool active, be sure to right-click in the field of view (outside of the tool) and check out the AF settings. If you are having issues with it, make sure the range is something reasonable. The threshold goes from -9 to 30 so you can try lowering that as well.

You may also want to check out the DCC settings (double-click on the program settings and go to the DCC tab). We have found that an acceleration of 125 tends to work better when the laser AF tool is set to focus rather than trigger.

manfred87
User
User

Post by manfred87 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 am

Thanks for your help
StopLower in AutoMeasure Nexiv.cfg was -2.5,-2.5,-5
StopLower in CMM-Manager Nexiv.cfg was 0,0,0
Don't know why, but now works as expected