Problems with the cross calibration process

Software topics related to Nikon iNexiv and Retrofit Camera
Dhaigh
Regular User
Regular User

Problems with the cross calibration process

Post by Dhaigh » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:20 pm

Hello,
I am currently using CMM Manager 3.6 with an iNEXIV VMA and I am having major issues trying to do the cross calibration procedure. I have calibrated everything else in regards to the camera and the touch probe but when I run the cross calibration, it will always fail. In the attached picture I notice that during the 3rd process, when the machine tries to auto focus on the surface of the calibration artifact, that it will not accurately measure the surface of the artifact. Because of that, when it tries to measure the other ring diameters, the machine doesn't have good focus so it will fail and I cannot complete the cross calibration. I have downloaded your guide and followed the instructions for the complete calibration process of the camera including setting up the histogram, calibrating the camera, the parcentricity, and the pixel resolution with out any errors that I know of, yet I am still having issues with the cross calibration and I am unsure as to why. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Drew

Edit: I also have a clear plastic sheet protecting the glass and I am wondering if that could be causing issues when I run the other calibration processes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

medupriest
SUDO
SUDO

Re: Problems with the cross calibration process

Post by medupriest » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:04 pm

Hello,

One thing that appears to be off, but I do not think it is causing the issue is the "Stage Light in High Mag." should be around 60, the "Coaxial Light" should be around 44.

Regarding the laser AF, I would first try to see if you can just collect points on the top of the ring gauge as it would in the routine. If you are able to collect points outside of the routine, I would first check your probe definition for your Ref tip in probe assembly and ensure that the length is correct. If the length is off from actual to what is shown in probe assembly, the laser AF will start at the wrong height and won't get a point.

Let me know the status when you check those two things.