CAD Alignment...

chapo
Getting Started
Getting Started

CAD Alignment...

Post by chapo » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:13 pm

Hello everybody,

Im new on cmm manager ,Im using a trial version to see if this software works good with our process. I have a Romer arm infinite.

Most of the time I work with CAD models. I saw a video over how to perform CAD alignments in this forum and everything works good. the second alignment was a RPS with three points and two circles.

My question is: how can I pick up a slot to do a RPS alignment? Is it posible? many of our parts its datum C is a slot...

Saludos

US_Helpdesk

Re: CAD Alignment...

Post by US_Helpdesk » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:20 pm

Use CAD Teach Slot... It is is the same area as CAD Teach 2D & 3D. Icon is an Open Slot but this allows you pick Open, Round or Square Slot.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

chapo
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by chapo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:24 pm

thanks nfrost, I finally completed the process alignment with slots...

I measured a part with a zeiss and LK cmm to compare the results to my romer arm; I know the results will not be the same but in theory will have a good correlation. I found deviations diferences over 0.3 mm vs my romer (I measured several times).

Is it the best way to align with cad in car coordinates? I mean, first align part to CAD model (six points)and then add a RPS alignment (three points, circle and slot).

I tried with Best fit alignment and had same results. My romer arm was calibrated 2 weeks ago and I have 0.02 mm of deviation when I calibrate the probe.

Am I wrong?

Saludos

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:28 pm

I doubt you will have much better correlation from CMM to Articulated Arm. The accuracy of the Arm and tip calibration values can be deceiving, I would be surprised if the actual measurement uncertainty of the Arm is really any better than what you've mentioned.

chapo
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by chapo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:37 pm

thannks nfrost,

Im trying to calbrate artribute fixtures with tolerances of 0.1 mm in positions of pins and trims, so can't do it whit romer? Im novice with articulated arms and I dont know its precision... Let me check

Im assuming then that my alignments are ok. dou you agree? Am I on the right way with cmm manager?

thanks for your support and time, saludos

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Best way to verify would be sending your project file to Help Desk - CMMMGR_support@nikonmetrology.com

Someone there can have a look at your project file and be sure it is set up correctly.