Romer scanning options

mike1
New User
New User

Romer scanning options

Post by mike1 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Is there a quick was to verify the parts profile or surfaces after setting up the ref. system? I have seen someone using verisurf set up the part and catia model, then take the probe over and place it on any surface of the part and the monitor showed red for out of tolerance and green for in tolerance and also made a sound for the out of tolerance conditions. I have been unable to figure out a quick way for the shop to perform a quick check of the part for basic locations and profiles.

I tried to create clouds for the profile as I do on the CMM for contoured surfaces, but without driving to the same point ( No DCC on the Romer), my report shows the features as out of tolerance. If i take two planes for two parallel walls, and report distance between, I get the correct in tolerance result I am looking for. However if I take a cloud and report cloud to cad on the same surfaces or just simply report the cloud like I would on the CMM it shows out of tolerance by .200".

Our goal is to find a quick way for the shop to use the programs we write to do a quick verification for basic profiles and periphery, and any other key features.

US_Helpdesk

Re: Romer scanning options

Post by US_Helpdesk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:37 pm

You need to turn on the Watch Window / DRO. This window constantly report the 3D,X,Y&Z deviation of the probe to the nearest CAD surface. Turn on the Watch Window from the Display Tab, Window group as shown in the attached pic. Right click on the Watch Window to adjust settings such as tolerance and sound / tones you mention.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here