Supported Renishaw Software

bwatrous
Nikon
Nikon

Supported Renishaw Software

Post by bwatrous » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:38 pm

I'm working on a renishaw retrofit, and am installing a UCC T3 Plus SPA3. Currently I'm running UCC Suite 4.7 but am running into some issues. Renishaw asked if I could upgrade to suite version 4.9. Would it work or cause problems. I'm using the I++ server so no direct coms.

bwatrous
Nikon
Nikon

Re: Supported Renishaw Software

Post by bwatrous » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:40 pm

I put 4.9 on and so far everything is working great.

mhochkins1
Nikon
Nikon

Post by mhochkins1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:42 pm

I use the UCC T5 SPA3 combination with I++ interface and UCC Server v4.9 with no (unusual) issues. There are supposed to be some improvements for Ø1mm stylus calibration speeds. Be sure to read the release notes from the v4.8:

Add Calibration.OverrideSpeedOptimisation prop for PH20 tools
Added tool property "Calibration.OverrideSpeedOptimisation" to bypass the additional calibration sequence which calculates optimal head speeds. This is a mechanism that allows non recommended tool assemblies to be calibrated. The consequence of using this mechanism is that the metrology for that tool could be reduced, but in some cases the user may decide that this is acceptable for the obscure tool configuration that they need.

Since first posting this I now realize that the T3 is for PH10 type probe heads and the T5 is for the PH20 probe head.
Best Regards,
Mark Hochkins

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:49 pm

This is discussed here - https://cmmmanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=45 I will update the main thread once later versions of UCC Suite are tested by Nikon.

Also, I moved this topic to the correct location in the forum. In the future please post in the appropriate location. CMM-Manager>General is not a holding basket for all discussions.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here