Problem with UCC

PabloFrey
Getting Started
Getting Started

Problem with UCC

Post by PabloFrey » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:06 am

Hi, good afternoon:

We have a communication problem between CMM Manager and the HEAD PROBE. It shows the message: “System Error 2009: Probe head controller communication timeout.” when they try to change head position. It´s a retrofitted Mitutoyo CMM with CMM Manager 2.5 and UCC Lite controller. It´s running on Windows XP.
The head probe works fine with UCC Server, it does the position changes without trouble, but with CMM Manager it doesn´t work. The machine can do measures just with A0B0 position, the trouble just happen when we try to change any position in CMM Manager. We´ve already checked connections and configuration files, and everything looks right.
Could you help us with this trouble?

US_Helpdesk

Re: Problem with UCC

Post by US_Helpdesk » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:48 am

Who is your service company that installed or services / calibrates your system? They should be able to provide some help on this topic. When was the last time the machine was running correctly? I'm sure something must have changed since then. Did you install a later version of UCC Suite / Server? If so, beware of dragons ahead:) I'd suggest that you never take it upon yourself to upgrade client or server software on a Renishaw system without guidance from the OEM. There are some strict guidelines for versions of UCC Server / CMM-Manager on systems with UCC controller. If this continues to be an issue or if you've upgraded to a non supported version of UCC Suite, I would just convert your system to I++ driver instead of direct driver.

See this thread for info about Direct vs. I++ interface - https://cmmmanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=45
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

PabloFrey
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by PabloFrey » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:10 pm

Ok, the problem arises because I need to change my old operative system (windows XP) to windows 7,
I made the commissioner and the probe head works well in UCC and UCC Assist Seve rbut when I open CMM Manager send Me the next error:
¨ Failed to open probe head controller link¨

Maybe you can help me with this problem.
Thank you so much

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:38 pm

What version of UCC Suite are you using now? The direct interface may no longer work, as I suggested before you should use the I++ interface instead.

PabloFrey
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by PabloFrey » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:19 pm

We have a 4.6 Version of UCC suite, the problem is the communication between controller and PC is with USB wiring, For I++ Protocol I need a ethernet Port, and the UCC lite-2 don´t have any Ethernet port to comunication.
other question, Can I install CMM Manager 2.5 in windows 7?

enpalani
Power User
Power User

Post by enpalani » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:28 am

I think you used PH10 probe head, if yes, please ensure that probe head controller selection settings. It may help.

PHC1050.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 am

enpalani wrote:I think you used PH10 probe head, if yes, please ensure that probe head controller selection settings. It may help.
Thanks for helping out here... Pablo, let us know if that resolves your issue. FYI - the UCC Lite-2 connects by USB even when using I++ Remember, the IP address specified in CMM-Manager if Server is running on the same PC is loopback IP - 127.0.0.1