UCC Server and CMM Manager

007tda
Nikon
Nikon

Re: UCC Server and CMM Manager

Post by 007tda » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:47 pm

One other possible condition goes back to the commissioning of the PH20. If your service provider ran this function through UCC Assist and did not correct the styli length to be exactly 12.15 it will throw the system off. The reference tip for the PH20 is a 4x12.15 and we have seen people forget to include the .15 to the actual length of this when walking through the commissioning of the head.
It may not be the case here, but we have seen issues when other people run the head commission without the exact length.

CMM Guru

Post by CMM Guru » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:19 am

Actually, we have never seen the 0.15 issue. We have indeed seen strange things happen when the customer assumes that it can't really be 4x12 and uses 4x10 though.

reneramirez17
Participant
Participant

Post by reneramirez17 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:26 am

Ryan Christopher wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:55 am
It could be that the post-head-calibration procedure wasn't done correctly.

The right way to do things...
1. Open and run the head calibration routine in UCC Assist and then close UCC Assist.
2. Open UCC Server and "Clear Calibration" for all tools (including RefTool).
3. Calibrate RefTool
4. Calibrate the remaining tools.
5. Done.

Years ago I tried to skip the "Clear Calibration" step and noticed right away some unusual measurement results and had to go back and calibrate my tools in UCC Server.
did this, and still getting the same issue. Still working with CMM Guru and others to see what is going on.

reneramirez17
Participant
Participant

Post by reneramirez17 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:26 am

Ryan Christopher wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:55 am
It could be that the post-head-calibration procedure wasn't done correctly.

The right way to do things...
1. Open and run the head calibration routine in UCC Assist and then close UCC Assist.
2. Open UCC Server and "Clear Calibration" for all tools (including RefTool).
3. Calibrate RefTool
4. Calibrate the remaining tools.
5. Done.

Years ago I tried to skip the "Clear Calibration" step and noticed right away some unusual measurement results and had to go back and calibrate my tools in UCC Server.
did this, and still getting the same issue. Still working with CMM Guru and others to see what is going on.

reneramirez17
Participant
Participant

Post by reneramirez17 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:00 pm

After trying a few of the recommendations on here, nothing seems to get my machine working correctly. So, the only thing left to do now I was told by the Calibration folks, was to Laser Calibrate the machine, re mapping within UCC server, once the mapping is stored within the UCC controller, CMM manager software locates the mapping within UCC. "By recommissioning and lasering the machine we are starting like a new installation" This will take a day and a half to get done. Hopefully sooner. As to how this might have occurred, no one knows for sure but its costing us $4000 upfront to get it fix. Crazy

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:29 am

If you are having CMM calibrated would ask service provider to perform some basic tests in UCC Assist / UCC Server before starting on work. There are a lot of analysis tools available in Renishaw UCC Server and Assist. The company doing work should know what the problem is before starting work, otherwise you are risking paying for unnecessary calibration. You could always get a second opinion from another CMM service company.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:49 am

reneramirez17 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:27 am
He is assuming UCC server is running find, but doesn't think CMM Manager and the UCC server are communicating correctly. He has done 2 calibration on my machine and still does not fix the issue. Can someone help maybe identify what might be the issue.
FYI - I noticed this in first post... To be clear, CMM-Manager does not "communicate" and Error Map data to / from UCC Server. Instead all Error Map adjustments are done in UCC Server and pre-adjusted data is simply sent to CMM-Manager. If anything is misconfigured it is almost certainly in UCC Assist / UCC Server.

Ryan Christopher
Nikon
Nikon

Post by Ryan Christopher » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:45 am

Were you ever able to measure any know lengths as CMM Guru suggested? If there is a .001" error on all diameters but not on linear measurements that might be important.

Another thought...
It's a bit of a long shot because of the scale but the description of the problem sound like tip correction error...
When your machine picks up a new tool out of the rack, does it go back to the calibration plane on the rack and touch off a handful of points then move back to the safe location?

1. If it doesn't, then you need to create and locate the a calibration plane on your rack, then set tip correction parameter = TRUE in UCC Server for all your tools.
2. If it does already touch off on the calibration plane then you should "LOCATE" the calibration plane then change tools a couple of times then re-try your diameter measurements.
Ryan Tackes
Applications Manager, VMS Inc.
http://www.vantagemeasure.com/