XChecker setup

j_rowe
Getting Started
Getting Started

XChecker setup

Post by j_rowe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:08 am

I am trying to set up the trial on our CMM to see if it will work. Right now we have OpenDMIS on it, which is not user friendly at all. I have used CMM Manager at my previous employer and want to get it set up here.

Wenzel XChecker
WPC 2030 controller
PH10M probe head
PHC 10-2 probe head controller
PI 200 probe interface

I am not sure what com port the controller is using. It appears to connect on 3 different ports.

The probe head only has Manual or PH10 connected to the pc, does that mean without the PHC?

Last edited by j_rowe on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

US_Helpdesk

Re: XChecker setup

Post by US_Helpdesk » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:18 pm

This is Pantec WPC-2030 controller... It is plug-n-play with CMM-Manager. Just follow the instructions in the Wenzel / Pantec install guide thread. Contact your local sales AE for configuration support.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

j_rowe
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by j_rowe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:47 am

I tried going through the guide. I checked the registry setting for the com port as per the other post and it says ours is on com5. I can get it to connect using the 38400 baud for the controller but it is very laggy, it takes a couple minutes to see a button click. I closed the setup menu and tried to home it but it just sat there with the hourglass on the screen. After waiting for a while I tried to stop it and I got a message about it not being able to rotate the tip. I had it set to no PHC because I wanted to get the controller to connect properly before I try to figure the PHC out.

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:36 pm

You are on the right track... I think you will need to set the Probe Head type in first tab of Machine Setup to Manual / No PHC, so that A0B0 head index command is not sent during homing process.

j_rowe
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by j_rowe » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:15 pm

I managed to get it going, the com ports were different, I had to just keep trying them until one worked. Now I just need to get the calibration ball and probes set up. I have used cmm manager for a few years at my previous employer but I didn't do the initial setup on it. I have found the information in the manual but that just talks about the different procedures. Is there some kind of quick-start guide to tell me which steps I need to preform first to get it going.

j_rowe
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by j_rowe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:28 am

I got the calibration ball put in and attempted to establish the ref tip. After I position it above the ball it checks the 5 points and then just sits there with the message about locating the center of the sphere. I left it sit there for several minutes before stopping it. I don't get any errors, it just sits there like it's waiting for something.

j_rowe
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by j_rowe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:34 pm

After a team viewer login and talking to the tech on the phone it was determined that CMM Manager doesn't support scanning on the WPC 2030. Unfortunately I won't be able to convince my boss to purchase it without the scanning.

Here is my vote for adding that capability, I really want to get rid of OpenDMIS, :(