Initial Startup of LK/Altera 10.7.6

randomguy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Initial Startup of LK/Altera 10.7.6

Post by randomguy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Hey everyone:

We recently purchased a machine and I just returned from CMM Manger training at Nikon's facility. The machine was installed a few weeks before and untouched since the completion of the install.

I got back to my shop and fired up the machine just as we did in the training course. I installed the software on our offline programming machine and was exporting some of the config's so that I could import them on the offline machine. I setup the cal sphere and went to calibrate a few new tip angles that I had created.

I followed the cal instructions to set the stylus 10mm above the sphere and click ok, but it's like the probe isn't active. No touch registered and the head kept moving. I got it stopped before it did any damage, but even after a full reboot of everything, I get no response to a touch.

As I said, the machine hadn't been turned on since the installer left, so I apparently must be missing something. The cal sphere appears to be setup correctly, as does the probe assembly configuration. What gives? Advice?

Thanks!

US_Helpdesk

Re: Initial Startup of LK/Altera 10.7.6

Post by US_Helpdesk » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Probe can be inhibited from the jogbox but a controller restart should resolve that... Can you try taking points manually? i.e. use joystick to calibrate or manually measure a plane, sphere, etc.

It could be that the service tech only ran the machine up in the service utilities but never configured CMM-Manager properly... I see this all too often:)

Shoot me an email or contact me by PM and I will do an online session with you tomorrow to resolve this. I suppose you have internet connection on this PC / CMM? If not, get it and I can help easily.

-N8
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

randomguy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by randomguy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:30 pm

Cool man, thanks. Yeah that machine's online and I'm there all day, probably something like 7:30a - 4p CST. I'll shoot you an email in a minute with all my 411. Thx.

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:50 am

Did you here back from Service dept in Brighton? They should have contacted you after our phone call / web meeting...

randomguy
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by randomguy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:56 am

Nate - just thought I'd let you know that Mark sent me a replacement stylus module. I'm calibrating tips now as I type this and all seems to be working well. Thanks for your help!

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:12 am

Interesting.... Glad to hear you're up and running.