Running Hexagon PC DMIS Programs In CMM Manager

KeithRiley
New User
New User

Running Hexagon PC DMIS Programs In CMM Manager

Post by KeithRiley » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:04 pm

Good Afternoon,
New to the forum.
We have CMM Manager on one of our DCC CMMs in one of our labs.
We also have Hexagon PC DMIS (version 14) on three other DCC CMMs in one of our other labs.
We would like to utilize our PC DMIS programs on the CMM with the CMM Manager software.
Can we get some guidance on the process of how to do this.
Thanks in advance....

medupriest

Re: Running Hexagon PC DMIS Programs In CMM Manager

Post by medupriest » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:37 pm

There are some beginning steps at this post viewtopic.php?f=49&t=852.

You can open your DMIS file just as you would any other program (just select DMIS from the drop-down). Then there is a syntax checker to see if CMM-Manager can translate all of the DMIS. The syntax checker will indicate a line number where issues are and you can see which line you are on in the status bar of CMM-Manager.

KeithRiley
New User
New User

Post by KeithRiley » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:20 pm

Very Helpful Thank you!

CrashN8
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CrashN8 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 am

Note: The DMIS output from PC-DMIS is usually split into (2) files. These files cannot be used in CMM-Manager directly. If I remember, there is a setting in PC-DMIS that combines the DMIS output into a single (more useful) DMIS file. You might check on CMM Guys forum to see if someone can share the setting in PC-DMIS. Another option would be using Checkmaster converter from Origin International, they make a converter that converts some PC-DMIS (Basic?) file into a single usable DMIS file. This output can be targeted to specific client software - i.e. CMM-Manager. I have have worked a few times with the guys at Origin Intl to test this conversion process and found it to work quite well.