Solved: 64bit ComUC drivers

torito
New User
New User

Solved: 64bit ComUC drivers

Post by torito » Wed May 15, 2013 10:55 am

I have a card from Mitutoyo com UCPCI, controller mitutoyo uc200h , I install it on my computer that has Win 7 64 bytes, but not installed, is compatible with this operating system? I can do?

Thancks

Edit:

See post here for full details - https://cmmmanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=262

US_Helpdesk

Re: CMM-Manager 3.3

Post by US_Helpdesk » Thu May 16, 2013 3:05 pm

CMM-Manager does not support 64bit drivers for the ComUC card at this time. Actually, it is debatable whether 64bit device drivers are even available for this card. We are told they exist but have yet to see proof.

I suggest installing x86 version of your OS if possible.
I've migrated to a new user account, see my other posts here

torito
New User
New User

Re: 64bit ComUC drivers

Post by torito » Thu May 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks, just wanted 64 bit by RAM memory, because I use igs, but I think with 4 g is well

generaldisarray
Getting Started
Getting Started

Re: CMM-Manager 3.3

Post by generaldisarray » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:34 am

nfrost wrote:CMM-Manager does not support 64bit drivers for the ComUC card at this time. Actually, it is debatable whether 64bit device drivers are even available for this card. We are told they exist but have yet to see proof.

I suggest installing x86 version of your OS if possible.
Is this why I am having issues with cmm manager in windows 7-64bit?

I am unable to get 3.3 to run.

I can only get 3.2 to run and connect if I first start Geomeasure. Then close it.

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:07 pm

We have finally tested and confirmed the ComUC Card is supported in Windows 7 64bit OS. I still need to get detailed notes on what the solution was - here is what I know so far:

Search for UCDBW.DLL and copy to the system folder it should work with 3.3. Please note that the system folder is different for 64bit OS.

System folder
Win32: “C:\Windows\System32”
X64: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64”

Liam
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Liam » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:27 pm

My question regarding the 64 bit drivers is slightly different than what has been posted so far, I think. I may be wrong.

After booting up the 64 bit computer, the card shows up in the "Other Devices" in Device Manager with an ! visible. Allowing the computer to search for a driver returns "No driver found."

I am unsure of how to proceed. The more I think of it, the more I think I am posting in the wrong forum and that my issue is something entirely different. I am not sure. We don't have an IT department so I can't turn there. Perhaps someone here can direct me on what I should do to get this card recognized in Win7?

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:44 pm

You need to download the device drivers for the Com UC card here - https://cmmmanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=262

Go back to device manager and right click on the device to update drivers. Point to the files you've downloaded / unzipped. See the post above that describes the UCDBW.DLL file location.

Liam
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Liam » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:48 am

nfrost wrote:You need to download the device drivers for the Com UC card here - https://cmmmanager.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=262

Go back to device manager and right click on the device to update drivers. Point to the files you've downloaded / unzipped. See the post above that describes the UCDBW.DLL file location.
Hi nfrost,

Thank you very much for responding. I am hopeful that we may get this to work with your help.

I had actually stumbled onto the page that contained the UCPCI drivers last night. I downloaded and unzipped the files to my desktop. There were 4 files, the Readme, the ucdbw.dll, ucdbw.inf and ucdbw.sys files. I opened device manager, selected update driver and pointed to the folder on the desktop containing the aforementioned files. The message returned was no driver found.

The card is UC-PCI by Mitutoyo and the controller is UC200H. This worked on the 32bit system yesterday but after placing the card into a win7 (x64) system I can't seem to install the driver. Any advice is most appreciated.

Liam
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Liam » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:42 am

More Information:

All windows updates are applied and current - there are no new updates to install.
The card installed has a sticker "COMUC-PCI" and Mitutoyo on it.
I have unzipped the driver files to a folder on the desktop.
The folder contains UCDBW.dll, UCDBW.inf and UCDBW.sys. There is also a readme file that states that x64 is not supported.
In device manager the card is listed under "Other devices" and is called "PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller.
I right click on the device and choose "Update Driver Software."
I select "Browse my computer for driver software."
I browse to the folder containing the above files.
After clicking to install it immediately displays "Windows was unable to install your PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller." Windows could not find driver software for your device.

If I read the posts above correctly, the driver should work in x64 systems. Apparently I am missing a step or something to that effect. Are the above steps that I have taken incorrect?

Thank you again for your assistance.

Edited to add:
This is a new machine (new to us, it's a few months old but has been reset to factory conditions) that has been fully updated with the windows updates.
The only applications currently installed on the machine are Office and Adobe programs.
The dll and sys files were placed in the directory referenced in nfrost's post.

US_Helpdesk

Post by US_Helpdesk » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:07 pm

I think the drivers in the previous post are only for 32bit... Try the attached drivers. If they work let me know and I will update the ComUC / UCxxx controller post on the forum.

Thanks... N8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.